Sunday, August 2, 2009

CONTRAST


What is the difference between these two pictures? Kinda like one of the games you see in the kids HIGHLIGHTS magazine in the doctors office, but darker. I will give you a minute to ponder.
Don't think this is simple like a kids book, of course there are many items in the picture that are placed differently, or not there at all. Look for major differences that are not obvious.
Let me give you a hint, the picture on the left has a date, and the one on the right doesn't, WHY? Because I bought a new camera after kicking my old one up the retailers ass because Kodak builds crap digital cameras.
See it's easy. Now you find one.
Need another hint?
Look at the walls . . . . ah do you see it?
There a different color! Yes, very good.
Yes after 15 years of persistent nagging from my wife to paint over the golf cub marks I put in the ceiling I did what any good husband would do, wait a decade then passive aggressively sneak off to a paint store, picked out a color I would like, (without having to go through the whole discussion of what shade of white was appropriate) and painted it while she was shopping.
Call it what you like, but I call that a Win-Win. She waited long enough to get it painted she cannot possibly complain about the color now that it is finally done. A valuable lesson there boyz.
There is one more there, it's so obvious, like low hanging fruit on a tree, I cannot believe you didn't pick it first.
Have you got it yet, I'll give you a minute . . . . . . Okay, Okay it's killing me.
Although these picture where taken 5 weeks apart, my son is still parked in front of the computer during summer vacation. Granted we live on 152 acres without a neighbor that has boyz his age for miles, but what did you do when you were his age?
Keerist I was away from home so much by the end of summer my Mother almost didn't recognize me when I finally returned home to start school. All I remember was tossing down my books at schools end, not even changing out of my good clothes, and telling my Mom, "I'm going outside to play!" When the air started to get cooler in the evenings I came home, it was the end of August, my jeans were worn off into a pair of shorts, and my long sleeve t-shirt resembled a tank top with a few holes in it. Oh and I needed a haircut.
Kids today, and even the Gen-x'ers were all about living life virtually. When the gaming console came into existence it was so new and exciting that you forgot how to play, and your imagination was left up to other to create for you. No more Cowboys and Indian's, Cops and Robbers, or getting the gang together to play War, and if that game is played right someone is going home bleeding. Now the only injury that befuddles this next generation of kids is carpel tunnel syndrome.

1 comment:

  1. Same clothes even ! He takes after you for sure. I e-mailed you my "spot the differences" pic. Do I win ?

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?